Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Soul Songs - The Swan


The Swan Card - Community Suit

I am the One who takes you on a safe passage through the transitions.  I offer you sacred companionship; the promise that I will never abandon you and the reminder that you always belong to the community of your Soul and of Spirit.



Every Sunday, here in this sacred space, we play
Soul Songs.

These collages are powerful, simple, easy to make,
and, when used with conscious awareness,
they are wonderful guardians and guides on
the journey within the Self.

I am currently on a journey of transition,
changing over, crossing a bridge,
transformation,
going through a new doorway,
entering another part of the sacred garden within.

And I have been using my SoulCollage tool to reflect the mirror of Soul
for me.

I would like to share the process of making a SoulCollage card with you so that you may 
join in with the weekly SoulSongs and see what fun it is!

I have been aware of being drawn to images of a boat, a small boat crossing a lake;  even cruise liners!!
So I started looking for images that resonate with me right now and I immediately chose swans.


Years ago, when I did some Jungian studies, I had many visions and dreams of swans and I have painted quite a few iconic and mythological images of swans.  Then they meant something completely different to me.  The one thing that remained a constant, though, is that they represent Soul or Spirit.  

As I gathered these image, I learnt a few things about swans.


They are hardly ever seen by themselves.  They are usually in pairs, or as a family unit.  I know that swans mate for life.


Swans carry their chicks on their backs.  How absolutely beautiful is that!!

I keep a notebook, writing down my insights during the process of making a card.  These insights are invaluable and very pertinent to one's inner journey.  You may pick up other things that are specific to your history and circumstances.

Some more pertinent insights about swans :
the colour white which represents purity, purification, initiation, Spirit;
the throat area is emphasised by its long neck :  throat chakra, called Vissudhi in sanskrit; Vissudhi means purification.
So, a process of letting go is of importance here. 

They swim across the waters.  Waters represent the emotions, the world of the Soul.  So, again, transitions, journeys to new horizons.

And this is the card that I made :



As part of the SoulCollage process, you 'climb' into the card, mentally and emotionally, and you let the neter (the archetype) of the card speak to you.  You always start the process with "I am the One who ....'

I am the One who takes you on a safe passage through the transitions.  I offer you sacred companionship; 
the promise that I will never abandon you.  I am the one who reminds you that you always belong to the community of your Soul and Spirit.

The gifts of this card is sacred communion.
The shadow of the Swan is the stressful times of transition that can take you back into childhood memories of being the Ugly Duckling!

To play along with Soul Songs, you only need make a card.  It is then up to you what you want to share, if anything!

I will be back on Sunday with my SoulSong.

I invite you to join in then.

blessings
Hettienne

2 comments:

  1. Swans are absolutely beautiful creatures! Being drawn to them as you are speaks to your grace and beauty.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Hettienne, I am always impressed at how we, each of us, approach our inner journeys. We are all so different. You have approached with focus and vision. I remember my insights arriving in crashing waves. Water was there for both of us; the source and body wad so different. But no matter. The idea is to get the lesson and we certainly did.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I appreciate feedback and interaction.