Sunday, March 18, 2012

Soul Songs


Artemis

Orbits lit, a match to shine upon the twilit sky
Her flow defines - she is Artemis, sister to the sun
She glimmers as the last sunset ray upon the sea
An abstruse gambol, the bands 'round my soul untie
And freed my life anew, a boundless journey just begun
A veiled companion, my passage's potpourri

She is Artemis - a hunter of renown and skill
She doth take aim, and to my knees I fall
Struck by an arrow naught villainous, but of euphoric frame
I am the quail, the huntress' target, bent now to her will
Forever pursuing as a cherub forced me to enthrall
She is Artemis the hunter and I beg to be her game 
Beach Leanbh



This is my Artemis SoulCollage card.  Other than being a Greek goddess, she is one of my dominant goddesses, that is according to Jungian philosophy.  Soul Collage cards is a wonderful tool for inner knowledge and understanding, as well as a form of art.  I have come to love it and have found that all my knowledge of other therapies and tools gathered over the years, all meld into Soul Collage.

Jean Shinoda Bolen have written quite a comprehensive book on the seven alchemical goddesses in Jungian philosophy :  Goddess in Everywoman.  Also, God in Everywoman.

My SoulCollage card of Artemis is based on her work with some personal added symbols, such as the owl.  Artemis is the one within that loves the garden.  She loves her pets, all animals, the birds in the garden and the rights of all animals.  She creates, she sculpts, she loves working with her hands.  She is guided by the moon, both within and wthout;  In the Roman pantheon she is known as Diana, Lady of the Hunt.  She is a virgin goddess, which means that she a woman unto herself;  independent in herself.

Next week I will share my interpretation of Hestea with you!  I invite you to play along.  You can make and share any collage - you do not have to stick to my weekly theme.

I link up with Postcards from Paradise.  Visit here and see other beautiful postcards.

blessings
Hettienne





10 comments:

  1. Your collage brings all the elements in the poem about Artemis together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artemis, Demeter, Perssephone.. Anne, Mary.. Ancient wisdom, biblical history, all folds in the veil we wear..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hestia is one of my favorite goddesses. To honor home and hearth, I look forward to making a Hestia soul collage card to share with you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful soul collage card ~ and excellent post ~thanks, namaste, Carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love to visit you. always there is wisdom, beauty and a warm invitation to join in. in two weeks i will return to san miguel. i will light a candle at my favorite church for you. my camera recharger is waiting for me there! until then, since jan. i have been without a way to take photographs which certainly keeps me from joining in with soul collage. thanks for your patience!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful collage. The colours are wonderful and I love the owl !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely to read your beautiful message, thank you so much. I didn't know this about Artemis, such a great read and very inspiring. Felt like pure magic and freedom of nature to read it. Huge smile :D Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for your lovely comment about my SoulCollage® card on my blog, Hettienne, and I'm so pleased to see that you're also making SoulCollage® cards. Artemis is beautiful! I absolutely love this process - it's virtually changed my life - and I trained as a SoulCollage® facilitator in 2010. I run workshops here in Australia. Love your blogs - you post some very interesting stuff. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lot of thanks for this post for this post and you are well-done here . Cut Out Photo | Image Masking Service | Photo Cut Out

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I appreciate feedback and interaction.